Sunday, December 14, 2014

Day 6:

Chillin'

Ah, our last day in Mexico. Bitter-sweet. We spent the whole day just relaxing. We hung out at the beach for a bit. Bill did a little snorkeling while I laid out (didn't get a tan of any kind!). We ate lunch at the little bistro by the beach. We relaxed in the "hot" tub and watched a beautiful African wedding. That evening we watched movies and ordered room service. It was a lazy, wonderful day. The best way to end our week in Mexico!

This trip was the perfect trip to celebrate 15 amazing years of marriage! It felt like a second honeymoon. Each day was just what we had wanted it to be! The weather was perfect. The sand and water were gorgeous. The people were friendly. The hotel was gorgeous. We really couldn't have asked for more.


Saturday we were anxious to get home. We took one last walk on the beach and headed off to the airport. We got there at 10:45 and found out after checking our baggage in that our flight had been delayed due to mechanical difficulties. We were suppose to leave at 12:55 and then 2:40 and didn't actually leave until after 4:00. It was a long, long day. We still didn't get to go home after that. They put us up in a 1976 Quality Inn in Ft. Worth, TX and gave us dinner at Denny's. We both woke up around 5:30 ready to go. We finally flew into SL around 11:45. Hallelujah!!!


The kids excitement to see us again was indescribable. Tristan hugged us before we could even get out of the door. And Stella ran into our arms screaming "Mommy! Mommy!" "Daddy! Daddy!" It felt good to know we had been missed! They both had written us beautiful welcome home notes. Tristan was super talkative and told us probably 30 times that day he was glad we were home and how much he had missed us. It was good to be home!!!! I missed my kids so much! We came home and finally decorated the rest of our house for Christmas. There really is no place like home!



2 comments:

melissa said...

What a pretty "wing" shot! I'm glad you got this all documented! Sounds amazing.

melissa said...

And here I am, reading all about your adventures again. So excited to have our own. I love that you ordered room service. I've never done that. Oh, and you'll have to explain the meaning of "hot" tub.

I'm picturing a "bachelor" scene.