Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year

I've been thinking back on my year as I'm sure most do at this time. And I'm thinking about what this coming year will bring and what I want to make of it. These are just a few of my thoughts:

Hi-lights:

* Going to Mexico
* Watching the kiddo's swim, learn guitar, play basketball, football, soccer.
* Spending my birthday in Capitol Reef - my happy place
* Family vacation along with Ron and Becky to Jackson Hole/Yellowstone

Disappointments:

* Having to put my sweet Duke down
* My grandpa passing away
* Stella's 2nd surgery
* Having to deal with health issues still

Game Changers:

* Deciding to adopt again!

What I'd do different:

* Spend less time on stupid things like electronics and more QUALITY time with my 2 favorite little people.
* Be more patient (been really working on this one)
* laugh more and not take things so dang seriously.

Goals for next year

* I don't care for the word "resolution". To me I hear that word and think about how many times people - including myself - make a list of things to change or improve and give up by Feb. 1st. How many times did you go to the gym after Feb. 1st or how many times have you not gotten past 2nd Nephi?! Ummmmm....You catch my drift. So I make GOALS throughout the year. Not all at once. Way too overwhelming. I do want to continually improve myself and my family. Not remain stagnant.
* Get my sorry butt back in shape. I took all of December off due to vacation, Christmas and foster care classes 3 nights a week. Crazy month! I am so ready to start working out again!
* Continue learning patience. I don't want my kids to remember me being stressed and yelling all the time. I find myself doing just that too many times. I feel even more responsibility to change this way knowing that a child coming into our home probably experienced some pretty hostile living environments. I don't want our home to bring up any negative feelings. Only love and safety.
* Eliminate stress as much as possible. This will be hard with work and the kids school/extra-curricular activities. However, after our trip and being off school for the past 2 weeks I've realized that so much of my headaches and dizziness are brought on by stress and sleep deprivation.
* Drink Water.
* Eat better.
* Take a picture everyday. Yes. This is my goal again. I make this goal every year and end up not doing it because of camera difficulties and then I get out of the habit. Last year I didn't take hardly any pictures of everyday stuff. Mostly holidays, birthdays and vacations. The little things are the big things right? I want to capture that so I'm going to do it for reals this year!

I am really looking forward to this coming year. I feel like there will be some exciting changes in store for our family which makes me most excited! I hope 2015 will be just as good if not better than 2014. Last year was amazing! I can't wait to see what the future has in store for me!



No comments: