On this day we needed a more laid back day. We took our time getting ready in the morning went and had a big breakfast and then worked out. The concierge suggested we take a boat to an island across they way. We took a boat over which took about half an hour. The ocean was beautiful! There are so many shades of blue and green. This was the first day we really were able to enjoy it and take everything in.
When we got to Isla Murjer we first found an ATM to get more cash. It's ridiculous how much you have to tip everyone. We ran out of cash very quickly. With money in hand once again we rented a golf cart and began our tour of that little island. We felt brave driving around somewhere we'd never been before with no sense of direction. It didn't take long to go around the whole thing. I loved the different colors of the houses. It was strange to see kids piled on a motorcycle with no helmets. Everything there was so different than how things are here! The poverty level is something that I never pictured while looking at the beautiful pictures of Cancun. There were stray dogs everywhere and make-shift houses that have dirt floors.
We seemed to always miss the rain. It rained on the opposite of the island and had stopped before we got to that side again. After we returned the cart we found a little restaurant. Bill had small yet delicious - according to him - crab. I actually ordered fish tacos. I was feeling adventurous ;) I actually really liked them! Didn't taste fishy. As we were eating at a table on the beach we saw a gorgeous sunset. It was a perfect addition to our day!
After dinner we relaxed on the beach until the ocean got us and our towels wet and sandy! Way to ruin a romantic moment! With our bag being even heavier now thanks to our wet towels we had to take the long walk to the ferry boat that would take us back to the resort. It was a pretty perfect day in my book! Loved it all.
3 comments:
SO PRETTY. And where was I on day 4? Pulling my hair out.... ha ha. J/K. See, too many tippings! You shouldn't have tipped me that $40.
Now that we know you like fish tacos, we should go to lunch at Rumbi again.
...because I hear that the fish tacos there are just as good as the genuine ones in Mexico.
(can you sense the sarcasm?)
I can't comment again on this one.
Or, can I?
Post a Comment