Thursday we spent the day in Xcaret. We had so much fun! It reminds me of Sea World but more to do and with the price of Disneyland. The tickets to get in itself are expensive, but once in you can schedule your activities. This costs more. I have always wanted to swim with the dolphins. Totally something on my bucket list. I was fortunate enough to do just that! Bill has always wanted to go snorkeling so we signed up to do that as well. This was going to be fun!!!
Next we were off to scuba. Bill was giddy! He couldn't wait. I of course was nervous. I don't care for water or anything covering my nose and mouth. I wanted to be brave and face my fears. Once out Bill was just fine. I however, was struggling with having a scuba mask on and trying to fight pulling it off my face and breathing with oxygen. Bill went down with our instructor while I tried to compose myself. Once I got the breathing down I started to go further down. When I couldn't make my ears pop I started to panic and could't catch my breath. I went up, calmed down, and tried again. I didn't make it 20 feet before I freaked out again. I decided it was best to just snorkel on top and watch Bill. He went all the way to the bottom and was able to touch coral and have little fish swim around him. He loved it! Both of our ears were clogged for days after, but dreams were achieved that day! So cheesy I know.
After being in the ocean for an hour we were both starving! We had a big buffet lunch there and it was fun to listen to the live music. Even an audience member got on stage and it was fun to listen to the two of them.
Then we floated down the underground river. It goes for a mile or two. The water was freezing for how not hot it was. It was pretty cool being able to just float for that long. After we had to wait for a while to get our clothes brought to the end of the river run so we didn't really get any time to see the animals in Xcaret. We quickly changed and headed over to watch the show about Mexico. That was really cool to see how the Mayans played their games and the progression of Mexico. The costumes and music were fun. It was everything we had heard it would be! The end of another perfect day in Mexico.
3 comments:
Read the paragraph about "Melissa" again.
I feel violated. BAAAha.
SO, that first comment was highly inappropriate. :)
Post a Comment