This year was extra special to me because I got to share it with my children. It was fun to see them hike the mountains and climb in the cheese holes I loved to do so much as a kid. Tristan even said to me during one of our hikes, "Mom, thanks so much for bringing me here." It's his 2nd favorite place. Yellowstone is #1 of course. Such a Duffin boy. It was also special to me because my grandpa is as of now days, maybe a week or two at best from passing away. My grandpa introduced this beautiful land to us and he has always loved Capitol Reef and St. George more than all of the amazing places he's been to. And it is many. I remember when we went 6 years ago they had met us there and hiked Cassidy Arch with us. He was talking to a stranger as he always does about how much he loved it there and that it was his favorite place. I will never look at any red rock mountains and not think about him. I wish they could have been there, but I will hold dearly to the memories I do have.
My parents as well as Shaun and his family joined us for the weekend. The weather was mostly good! Windy and rainy at times, but with this view who really cares?! Here are a few pics from that weekend!
It's going to be pretty hard to top my last two birthdays! There's nothing better than being in the place you love most with the people you love most!
No comments:
Post a Comment