Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer Fun???

So I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it would be so fun for the kids to come home and see something like this...


I made the poster. Bill filled 100 water balloons. We set out water guns and water toys. Filled a bucket with Otter Pops and Kool Aid. When Stella, Kaden & Emma got home all the other kids were impatiently waiting for their attack. They chased each other around the front yard successfully trying to soak each other. So this is what it looked like:
They say it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Well, no one lost an eye, BUT:
Someone certainly got the worlds largest goose-egg just above their eye. OUCH!!!!!!! Poor Porter took quite the fall running down my stupid slanted driveway. Makes me sad every time I think about it.

Stella declared with fists in the air as we were cleaning up, "Best end of school day ever!!!" Let's hope we can all go the rest of the summer injury free!

3 comments:

melissa said...

Don't be sad! He looks much better today. I got your text and it did bruise a bit, but it looks better than I thought it would. He's over it.

Thanks for a fun last-day-of-school for our kids!

Peggy said...

Poor little Porter! I hope you guys have a great summer!

Barbara said...

You ARE a fun Mom! I can see Stella's fists in the air cheering for you (very Dellany-esque). Sad about the boo boos - both Nathan and CJ got ones recently to match! Tis the season! xo