Sunday, July 1, 2012

Laziness

One thing I love about summer time is the much slower pace. At least it is around here! - Well not for Bill I guess. He's been working like a dog (is that the saying?). I haven't seen him much  in practically 3 weeks! Anyways, thankfully we still have about 2 months left because we have done stuff...but not really. Here's what I mean:


We went to the Bee's game. Very exciting.


We went to the splash pad.


We went to the candy shop and hung out at Gardner Village.


Went bowling. 


Went to see Brave. Loved it!


And said farewell to some of my all time favorite girls. They have graduated YW and are off to bigger, better things. I miss them already!



We went to Temple Square with G & G Robbins, Luke, Makayla & Gen. It has been a long time since we went during warm weather! It was nice to enjoy walking around and looking at everything. We even watched The Testiments and Stella told me after that she "could feel Jesus' spirit while she was watching the movie". I love to hear that she is recognizing the spirit and building her own little testimony. We even saw Buddhist monks. Pretty stinkin' cool.


On a sad note we said goodbye to Grandpa Duffin. He passed away just last Sunday. Not completely unexpectedly but sooner than we thought. Him and Joyce had had a rough 7 or so months. He went peacefully. He was a good man. Not a perfect man, but a good man who lived a good life. He and his sweetheart had celebrated their 62nd anniversary just the day before he passed. They were a wonderful couple who loved and adored one another.  Bill was not very close to his grandpa, but even still he will be missed. Tristan said he will miss great-grandpa's high fives. Grandpa always had a smile when he was around the little ones. 






No comments: