Sunday, April 13, 2014

Catching Up



It's been a while since I posted what's been going on. I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll try to keep it short. March was a very sad month for me. Losing Duke for me was even harder than my other dogs. Sierra and ShyAnne were hard because they were both so unexpected and traumatic! I don't like "playing God" and watching my loving little companion get old and unhealthy. I did a lot of crying and mourning before and after. I'm moving on and am thankful to all who have shown so much love and support at that time. Especially my wonderful, beautiful Bestie, Melissa. She knew I was stressed about not getting some fun St. Patrick's Day festivities done for my kids that day and came over and not only played the busy leprechaun but left dinner for me! I have no words for how much I love and appreciate her and our friendship. Everyone should have a friend like her!

Most importantly what I've missed blogging about is Tristan's 7th birthday! Still blows my mind he's 7! Since we didn't have a friend party for him this year we tried to make his birthday extra special by taking treats to his class, buying balloons, going to the Lego Movie and ordering these amazing and delish cupcakes from Sprinklebelle Cake. We of course celebrated with our families and he was spoiled.



Stella had to have surgery on her poor mouth again. Ugh. I felt so bad for her! She was more nervous this time around. She was fighting back tears and trying so hard to be tough while in the operating room. It broke my heart as her mom. I wanted to take her and just run! Her mouth appliance had broke and they had to open her gums up again to fix the appliance and reattach the chains. It was super fast, but this time I knew better than to go into the recovery with her. I left that to Bill. He did great.

Mr. T started Spring football. Technically he doesn't have his first game until the 22nd, but he did have his clinic and will have had a few practices by then. He is so excited and I can't wait to watch him again! He did so well last fall and he just smiles the whole time. It's his passion! What can I say. 



And Miss Stella joined the Stingray Swim Team at Gene Fullmer a month ago. She absolutely loves it! She goes 3 times a week and has improved each week! She even joined some of the kids from her team for the swim championship this past Friday! She really pushed herself to do her best and it was her first one ever so it was a learning experience. Next time she'll have a better idea of what to expect and where to go. She was nervous but in the end had a great time and is excited to do it again! My heart jumped a little when I knew she was up. And I have to say it is exciting to see your child's name on a big scoreboard! It was fun for us to watch since she's never really competed in anything before! Even Tristan was cheering her on and told me he couldn't wait to see her. We are so proud of her! Go Stella!



With Spring finally here we've been itching to be in the mountains! We are looking forward to our trip to Capitol Reef in 2 weeks, but took a very long drive up and around Strawberry yesterday. It was still pretty frozen and too cold to fish up there. However, as we drove back down by Deer Creek the weather cleared up and was beautiful! We stopped and fished for a while. It was a wonderful way to finish our day! We didn't catch anything but the kids had fun casting and reeling in. Tristan has quite the arch on his cast and Stella had the biggest grin when she got her farthest cast of the night! There is something so healing about being surrounded by nature. I just love being in the mountains!

So there it is. The past 2 months summed up. Life is very busy right now but it's all good activities and we have a lot to look forward to and we're just trying to enjoy all the blessings we have right now. There are many.


                             
Inspirational quotes






1 comment:

Barbara said...

I'm back! Loved catching up with all of your doings! See you Thursday!