Sunday, October 27, 2013

Brace Face

It's official. Stella has braces! She went in last Monday to get her spacers on and begin Phase 1. She has an appliance in the roof of her mouth which is making it hard for her to eat. In the next couple of weeks she'll have to also have orthodontic surgery to remove a few extra teeth. She has 2 EXTRA incisors that will have to be removed for her permanent teeth to come in. Hence, the big appliance in the top of her mouth. Poor thing! I feel really bad for her. She's got a long, painful road ahead of her. I just hope she can overcome the eating thing. That's my #1 concern right now. She has yet to have any solid foods since she got her braces on a week ago! Just when I feel like I take a huge leap forward by her having broccoli and loving it (the day before she got braces on) to 500 steps backwards by now being on a liquid diet. I honestly don't know what to do. I'm at a loss at this point. Food has been my #1 struggle 3 times a day for the past 8 years with this girl. Braces do not help the situation. I do feel for her though. She was so brave but was fighting back tears when she had to do the impression twice and was gagging. Then while getting her braces on and had so many things shoved in her mouth and was having a mini-panic attack, but trying so hard to just get through it. I'm really really proud of her. She was super excited the day she got them on. 5 days later she tells me she's going to pray that she'll do anything not to have braces on anymore. This is going to be a very long couple of years in regard to this I think!

Before

During


After


This girl is rocking her braces! Looking all grown up. She's adorable no matter what! 

1 comment:

melissa said...

Poor Stella, bella.