Unbelievable. My little Stella Bella is officially 8! When did that happen?! I think I complained about my kids getting older a few posts ago so I'll spare you my feelings of desperation to keep them little. Again. She got to be baptized and confirmed on her actual birthday! How cool is that? She thought it was pretty awesome.
I was pretty emotional the whole week before as I was going thru pictures and making a slideshow for her party. So luckily for me (and everyone around me) I had some control over my emotions at the actual baptism. However, as we were singing I Am A Child Of God in the chapel I almost lost it. She just looked so sweet and happy as she was concentrating on her hymn book, belting out each word. That song hit home on that day. She is a child of God and she as a small piece of heaven I get to have in my life/home. I love that.
Bill did a fabulous job following thru with his priesthoodly duties. (He did get a little emotional too. Good.)
We had our family and closest friends there showing Stella their love and support on her very special day. We had a yummy lunch and got to spend a good portion of the day with our loved ones. (Good portion because she was one of 12 - yes 12 - kids getting baptized. And we were the last ward. Sheesh.)
Thank you so much to my AMAZING BFF/neighbors who helped me stay sane, set-up, iron, take-down, watch kids, figure out the slideshow, etc., etc. Couldn't have done it without the Eichelbergers! And thanks to all else who helped with food, cleaning, gifts, traveled to get there,
and just being there to share our love for Stella.
We are so proud of Stella and her choice to be baptized. She was very excited and had been looking to this day for months! We can see her little testimony building and it's so fun to hear her pray and try to read her scriptures. She has such a love for the gospel and Jesus Christ that makes a Mama proud! We love you Stella! Happy 8th! Now stop growing up! Please.


1 comment:
When all of the kids were invited up on the stand, I looked at sweet little Stella, growing up so fast & got choked up! We're so glad that despite the eventful week, we were able to be there. Congrats, Stella!
Post a Comment