About a month ago we bought a boat! We had been talking about it for a couple of months. Bill obsessively checked out KSL every day for probably 3 weeks straight until he found our boat. We got a great deal and have enjoyed taking it out! We took a little first trip to Deer Creek to make sure everything ran good. Then our first big trip was Yuba with Shaun, Mistee & kids. That was a lot of fun! We had to boat all our camping gear to our campsite, which was some extra work, but so much nicer than the other campsites. The water was nice and it was just so great to catch up with each other! It's been too long since our last trip together. Aside from our huge wind storm that blew our tent down it was a really fun weekend!

Our next big trip was to Jordanelle with the Eichelbergers. I think Melissa was as excited as the kids! Our kids have so much fun together it makes experiences like this so worthwhile. The lake was pretty dang busy, but it was really pretty. The weather was great and Bart was the first person so far to get up on the wake board! We will definitely have many more trips like this in the future!

This summer seemed to come and go so fast! I wasn't ready for school to start already! I tried to cram some extra summer fun into their last week off. We went to the Bee's game with Emily, Cole and Dylan. I probably watched 2 minutes of the actual game. It's a fun change of scenery. The kids even got to go on the sweet train ride. We also did father/daughter & mother/son dates. Stella and Bill went swimming while T and I went to the nickelcade. I don't think I've really been on a date with T! I'm alone with him most of the time, but it was a lot of fun to sit down and eat and talk with him. As well as go somewhere that was something he would enjoy. I love my dates with the kiddos! It makes parenting feel so rewarding. And it's great to see their personalities away from each other. Goodbye summer! Hello holidays? Oh, no.
1 comment:
how fun! what a great purchase! it's great to have things like that to be able to spend time as a family to create memories and to enjoy with friends too.
Post a Comment