OK, so I don't know what a favorite photo of my best friend(s)nor do I want to look through all of my pictures just to find one. I am fortunate to have 4 best friends in my life. All of them are people who I feel genuinely care about me, love me, and even like me in spite/because of my shortcomings! They are people who have been by my side in many struggles and joys that have come my way. They are all different from one another and have their own strengths that I like and wish I had more of.

First (and this is in no particular order, because I could not decide any kind of order) is my hubby, Bill. He is my rock. He is very grounded and has great common sense. He is my love, my present, and my future. He is an amazing husband and father. He is the greatest builder of my self-esteem. We have been through a lot together over the past 12 years and he's never left my side. He puts up with my bad moods, criticism, and sarcasm. He for whatever reason seems to love me unconditionally! And to him I am forever grateful and lucky to spend my life with such a wonderful man.
Second. My mom. My mother has given me such a wonderful life. She has done the best she could to teach me to become a woman, wife & mother that is strong and understanding. As adults she has not only been my mother, but my friend. I have many wonderful memories of her and feel so lucky to have such an amazing person I can look up to and shape my life after. She is fun and has a great sense of humor. She takes things as they come with a grain of salt & I love that about her. I couldn't ask for a better mom!
Third. Emily. My sister. She has been my best friend since I was 3! She has been my playmate, my roommate, my neighbor (practically),co-worker, and one of my greatest supporters. She is beautiful and strong. We have so much in common and I laugh my hardest when I'm with her. We know what the other is about to say before they even say it. That happens way too often it's kind of freaky! I see her at least 4 days a week still and love the time we spend - even if it is running stairs and trying to talk over really loud music and an equally loud instructor! I am glad to have a relationship with my sister that many people don't seem to enjoy! We are best friends.
Last, but certainly not least! Melissa. This lovely lady I have known for 4 short years, but feels like a life time! And I mean that in a good way. I have never known anyone who instantly just "got me". We immediatly became close friends and it's strange if we go even a day without talking. We can talk for hours about the same things! We laugh a lot too. I love that I can be myself around her and don't have to worry about any kind of judgement or cynicism. We practically have raised our children together and it's been so fun to see our kids grow up as best friends. I know we will be life-long friends and I am so grateful to her for her thoughtfulness and generosity!
Sorry to make this so long, but I just can't decide on a best friend. Now you know why! All 4 of these people are amazing and I love them so much! They bring me so much joy.
2 comments:
Aaaawwwww, for cute! I'm so glad you have so many amazing people in your life.
you just like me because I can out-eat you.
you are nice. and cute. and we won't tell anyone that you really wanted to put me first :)
Post a Comment