Monday, October 20, 2008

Just a few thoughts...

The past few days I have been thinking about how quickly this year is coming to an end. The holidays are already here! I've even started my Christmas shopping, which never happens this early! Anyways, I have to say that this year we have been very fortunate. We haven't had anything really horrible happen, aside from Sierra dying of course. I hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that! However, we have had steady work and overall enjoy what we do. We are like many middle class families where the mom stays home to raise the kids. And money most of the time can be pretty tight. And you know what?? I wouldn't have it any other way! Yes, I would love extra money, but I wouldn't trade all of the money in the world for the memories I am making with my children.
I get to do what so many others want to do, but can't for whatever reason. I am grateful for that. I can't say that I don't have those days where I am counting down the seconds 'til bedtime, because that would be a blatant lie! But I know that even the toughest day at home with my kids is better than any day in the world without them! My two beautiful children are my everything and I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to learn from them everyday! It's an amazing gift to be able to see the world through a child's eyes! Well, enough of my rambling....

6 comments:

Barbara said...

I can't believe I'm the first to comment on your blog!(sound familiar?) What a touching post...I am so happy that you can be an at home Mom and that you have the 2 cutest kids on the planet! Gratitude IS catchy...I'm grateful for you all too...pass it on everyone!

Anonymous said...

I too cherish every moment I spend with Dylan & miss him so much when I am away. There is nothing like the love you have for your children!

Dellany Higby said...

You are too cute. I actually walked out of walmart the other day teary eyed (I know I'm a freak) but money is tight, I can only imagine having two more mouths to feed, and that is when you realize what you truly have. I am grateful for you and your sweet family. I can't wait to have children!!!!!!

melissa said...

I need a tissue, Alicia. It's 2:45on a Thursday.

Money won't be tight when Oprah comes to my door...I'll send her to yours too.

Jessica said...

Alicia, I love reading your blog and checking on you and your cute family. I am grateful that you get to stay home with your littles and so appreciative that you realize that it is a blessing. I think I would do just about anything to stay home with my girls and sometimes resent my friends who do but don't keep the blessing in perspective. Enjoy making those memories.

Jessica said...

Alicia, I love reading your blog and checking on you and your cute family. I am grateful that you get to stay home with your littles and so appreciative that you realize that it is a blessing. I think I would do just about anything to stay home with my girls and sometimes resent my friends who do but don't keep the blessing in perspective. Enjoy making those memories.