Sunday, September 28, 2008 our sweet and loyal dog Sierra passed away. We were camping at Fish Lake off of Seven Mile when she was running alongside a car of a friend that was camping with us and she got too ahead of the car and was hit. At first we didn't think it was fatal. She had lost a tooth, but there was so much more that we couldn't see that was going on. Bill was out with his brother and dad when this happened. When he returned to camp, after having looked at Sierra's injuries we decided we would drive to Richfield to try and find a vet to take a look at her. Only a few minutes later Sierra, with Bill by her side, died.
This has been devastating for both Bill and I. We got her when she was only 6 weeks old 7 1/2 years ago. And before Stella came along, our dogs were our babies! I will never forget when Bill came home from the Elk Foundation dinner and stood at my doorway holding this white, fat, fluffy puppy. It was love at first sight! She has been my shadow, Bill's hunting buddy, Stella's first friend, and Tristan's playmate. Our home has not been the same without her. However, if she had to go, at least she spent the last few days of her life playing in the mountains, swimming in the river and doing the things she loved the most. Fish Lake was the prettiest I had ever seen it that weekend. The colors were vibrant hues of yellow, green and red. Bill, Ron and I found a beautiful spot under some Aspens where we laid her to rest. I know it will be a beautiful resting spot for her in a place that means so much to our family, especially Bill. We loved Sierra and will always miss her sweet, gentle, playful, devoted, loving spirit that she was. Good-bye my good friend.



9 comments:
We are so sorry for your loss, pets are part of the family! We know that Sierra had a great life with you!
I am so sorry for your loss. There are too many sad things happening right now! Let me know if there is anything we can do for you. Hang in there!
Oh, that is so sad! I am so sorry! They are like a memeber of the family. So sorry for your loss...
:(
Dell told us about you losing Sierra...we are so sorry...we know you will feel her loss for a long time. Thankfully you have wonderful memories and lots of pictures. We send you all our love!
I think I was in shock when you first told me, and it always takes reality a while to set in. All those adorable pictures, especially the ones I would recieve when Stella was still just a baby, will forever be in my heart. As I sit here and sob I have no idea what to say to you as words of comfort. I am glad she spent her last moments running free in the mountains and her spirit must have been so happy and so at peace. I'm aslo glad she got to see you and Bill with Stella and Tristan. I remember your sweet dogs standing guard over Stella in her bassinet. I think dogs want us to be happy more than they care if they are happy, and she knew you guys were. She will be missed. I know how dear she was to your family and I'm sorry you had to lose her.
My heart goes out to you. What great memories you have of her!
We are all so sorry for your loss. There are never any right words of comfort. I will never forget that day and pulling back into camp. I knew instantly that something was so wrong. I will never forget that. Your slide show of Sierra is beautiful!! She really did have the best life with you all. She will be missed. Always. We love you all so much...
Sierra touched our lives too. Kaden will miss her dearly & was so sad to hear she died.
We love you. Come over anytime you need a good cry. I'm always up for it.
I am so sad right now.... I did not know about this!!!!! I'm so glad you found a nice resting place for her. There's something about a dog... a good, loyal, loving friend that'a always there for you. She was the fattest toasted marshmallow I'd ever seen! I will miss her too and I hope Duke is taking this well.
Post a Comment