Last Friday we threw a surprise 80th birthday party for my Grandpa Olsen. They were on their way home from Star Valley. They live in St. George so they were in town for a few days. My grandpa's birthday isn't for another month and a half but, we weren't sure when they would be back up. Time is of the essence! We only decided a week ago to throw this party, so we didn't have much time to plan. My parents made up some way to get them into the church as we all hid in the Relief Society room. They definitely were surprised! We had pictures of my grandpa on a table along with a slide-show that Rob and Emily spent too many hours working on. That was playing on a laptop so everyone could see. My grandpa had told my grandma that he didn't want any parties for his birthday, but I think he really enjoyed himself and was glad to see everyone. The girls all helped him blow out the candles on his cake and Stella even sat on his lap! That was a big gesture for her and he bragged about it later to my grandma. Tristan was so excited when everyone sang "Happy Birthday" and afterwards was walking around saying happy birthday n his own Tristan language. It gets me excited for his next birthday seeing how much he loved my grandpa's party. Eighty years is quite the milestone and one that should be celebrated! I love my grandpa so much and I was glad to be a part of this day.



4 comments:
How cute!!! This post warmed my little heart, even if you totally messed up the slide show (hehehe I'm just joking! It was wonderful) I have a soft spot for Grandpas as well, and Grandpa Olsen is too cute for words. I love all the pictures, especially, 'party's over'. It sounds like it was a well deserved and wonderful celebration.
Whatever, you're talented! Don't let anyone tell you different. You made 2 posts for Grandpa; you're just trying to top me!
I forgot you asked me to change this. So I did. But then I read your cute comments and thought, "maybe it should have two!"
This was cooler when there were two!
Post a Comment