I'm lucky to have wonderful friends on my street in which my kids are also best friends with their kids. We know that among our 3 homes our kids run back and forth and are safe, having fun. It's a great setup that we have going on!
So we managed to get in a few end of summer events in August. We hardly ever went out on our boat this summer. Bill took the boat out a few times fishing, but I only got out once. On a whim we met Shaun and Mistee at Yuba one Saturday. I don't know why we go to Yuba because the weather is always nice half the time and windy and choppy the other half. That's exactly how our Saturday was. Nice when we got there. Lightening and windy the other half. Nice when we left. We had fun regardless!
We also got in a few little hikes. We drove up to Silver Fork Lake and had a little picnic and walked around the lake. On our way back we stopped by Wheeler Farm and checked out all the cute animals. The goats were funny! They wanted a lot of attention. Especially one who would stand up and try to get us to come over and pet it. They have some crazy pupils! Freaky. It was such a fun day together.
We also went on a hike to Donut Falls. I don't think I had ever been there before. It was pretty easy hike and I was impressed that even Stella climbed through the water and up all the rocks. Our feet were cold and wet, but it was totally worth it.
We took a weekend trip to the cabin. It was so nice to have a few days away and just disconnect from the world and reconnect with each other ;) The kids had a blast doing their usual: legos, movies, 4-wheelers and shopping. We took a drive up by Skyline Drive. That was my favorite part. I love to be in the mountains!
We had a great summer and hate to see it go! We didn't get in as much camping/boating as we'd liked but the weather didn't cooperate most weekends. However, we had fun anyways! Now back to school. Back to routine. Back to real life.
1 comment:
I miss my kids.
I love schedules. But, I feel like I never see them between activities and homework.
Life.
I love the 3-house-thing that we've got going on. Don't want them to grow.
Post a Comment