Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fit for a Tween!

This past weekend we spent many hours re-decorating Miss Stella's bedroom. This has been a long time coming! I've been wanting and planning (on Pinterest and in my head) since she turned 8. We were going to go camping but decided to skip yet another bad weather trip and stay home. I was feeling SUPER motivated. Poor Bill. After spending about 4 hours and too much money we finally gave up on the really cute black and white peel-and-stick chevron print wallpaper. I'll never ever ever attempt that again. What a joke! It would stick together and then wrinkle. And we never could make it line up properly. Ugh. So dumb. We decided to skip wasting more time and money - not to mention our sanity and possible marriage counseling (kidding. Bill was a great sport) and turrets. 

My parents volunteered to take the kids overnight which was perfect! I've always wanted to redo their rooms and surprise them! After Bill and I went to the movies we stayed up til 2:00 A.M. painting Stella's room and decking out her dresser. So fun :)  When she saw it the next day she was shocked. She didn't say anything at first and just looked around. Then she declared us as "the best parents in the universe!" I heard her talking to herself in her bedroom. She kept saying, "This can't be real. I have to pinch myself." (insert pinching self here) "Nope. It's real! OK. Just calm down. I can't believe she did stripes!" I can't believe Bill let me paint anything BLACK! We both loved how it turned out.

I still have pictures to buy and hang on one of the walls and my wonderful mom is sewing her curtains and that should pretty much do it! I love her girly room and think it's perfect for a "tween"! Now I need a new project.....

Before:  


After:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are the BEST PARENTS in the Universe!! I LOVE everything about this!! The room, the colors and Stella's response!! If you need more projects than feel free to swing on down to our place and have at her!! Shaun and I can go out of town or something and then you can surprise us ;) Just throwing that out there!!

melissa said...

It's soo so cute! I'm glad you finished and are still married. :))