Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back 2 School

Ah, the dreaded school days. I have to say I love summer only for the reason of having my kids home! I miss them so much while they are in school. Plus they tend to play really well together 80% of the time so it's not too bad. We have been pretty busy this summer I think! One thing I don't like is that the kids think they have to be doing something every. single. day. I don't think so!

All summer if we asked Tristan if he was excited for school he'd say, "No! I hate school." Stella started getting excited for school as it got closer. The open house got them looking forward to the new school year. They met their teachers and got to see where they'd be sitting and who was in their class. Tuesday morning Tristan says, "Mom, I've missed school!" Yeah, whatever.

Stella loved her first day except she was really missing her friend Sydney who had moved over the summer. She didn't play with anyone at recess which made me sad.

She said:
Mr. Gallagher is funny and very very friendly
Mr. Gallagher has diabetes and told us if he passes out to kick him in the knee to make sure then press a button for help
We have to get use to him eating sugar and sometimes he'll throw candy out to the classroom

Tristan said:
I think this will be the best year
I have the best teacher ever
Apparently he wants to live in the lunch cafeteria
He played with Tyler and a kid Beau at recess
My favorite part was lunch. I finished my lunch first because I was so excited to go to recess. I had to drink my drink really fast

T was exhausted by the end of the day. I didn't think he'd be so tired and hungry after one day of all day school! Hopefully this year will be just as fun for Stella as last year was, and less complaining on Tristan's part in the mornings!

Tristan & Mrs. C

Ready for school!


Excited for Orientation


One happy 4th grader


Lined up. 24 girls and only 8 boys.


First day of 1st grade!


NO! Don't leave MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!






1 comment:

melissa said...

Tyler and I went shopping at Target to pick out a shirt on the first day. He wanted that yellow one and I wouldn't let him have it because I thought he looked better in the blue (he's already a bit yellow). Then he saw T in the yellow shirt. Ohhh boy.


:)