For the past few months I have been wanting to go back to visit my grandparents in St. George. I have been promising Stella who had been asking almost daily. Of course the weekend we had planned to go we were sick so it got postponed until New Years weekend. Sunday we went to my grandparents for a couple of hours. My grandma made dinner that she of course felt wasn't good enough. Bill helped fix their sink which just thrilled them. But most importantly we got to spend a couple of precious hours together and our goodbyes were very emotional. It's sad knowing they are so far away and with my grandpa's heart condition he got teary-eyed thinking this could be the last time he see's us. It's hard to see them get to this point. I guess it happens to us all at some point if we are lucky enough to live that long!
We drove through Zions National Park on our way out. It was beautiful! I loved the snow on the red rock mountains. I would love to go back when we have more time to do some hikes and when it's warmer. The kids liked the long tunnel.
We stayed at Shaun and Mistee's on New Years Eve. We played games and had a chance to get caught up. It was a great weekend! I wish we lived closer because I love our time together! Bill and Shaun went ice fishing and caught quite a few good sized fish. It was freezing cold so the kids decided not to go. We hung out and played Just Dance. It was a quick, busy, but relaxing little vacation weekend. The kids loved staying in a nice hotel and swimming and I particularly enjoyed my time with my family I don't get to see as much as I'd like.
3 comments:
I totally get that way with my grandparents. I've started stashing away cards they send me because I know the day will come when they will be much more special to have. That pic of all you guys is stinkin adorable. Sorry to hear about Bill's Grandpa too. Oh life.
On a different note.... Stella's T pain mic, hahahaha. Love you guys, give everyone big hugs from us.
Your grandparents look so sweet! I'm so glad you went to visit.
This made me teary eyed! I can't wait for our trip so that I can see them, it's been too long. :(
Post a Comment