Stella had a big moment this past week. She decided to donate her hair to Locks of Love and had 10 inches of hair cut off! This all came after weeks months of frustration (on my part). I am trying to get her to be more self-sufficient. She won't brush or wash her hair because it takes too much effort. Laziness which I can't stand. These are things of everyday life that need to be done and it's not optional. Maybe for some but not in this house. So Bill was literally seconds away from taking scissors to her hair - since Stella was all for it - before I finally gave in and said if we are going to do this we will take her somewhere to actually get it done!
I have only taken her one other time to the salon to get her haircut. I had tears in my eyes and Bill said, "Well if you're gonna cry about it we don't have to!" I only agreed to it because I knew it would be fun her to do something so wonderful, it would cause more peace and time in the mornings, and Stella is more than her hair! She is caring, kind, free-spirited and generous. It was fun to see how happy she was after getting it cut! I am proud of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment