This year we did the Breast Cancer walk again. I really enjoy doing this and want to continue to do it every year. It's great to be a part of something bigger than me. It's inspiring to be surounded by so many people who are survivors or are walking in rememberance or in honor of someone they know who has suffered from breast cancer. I have mentioned before that my grandma is a 2 time survivor. She is such a fighter and I admire her strength so much! My work in the past has walked for someone and this year it was in honor of my grandma. I was so excited and we called it 'Doing the Walk for Dot'. Unfortunatly not many of my co-workers were able to make it this year, but half my family and bff Melissa were able to make it. It was a great start to my day! Don't forget to get your mammo's and as someone's shirt said, 'Feel up your wife - save a life'.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Doing the Walk for Dot
This year we did the Breast Cancer walk again. I really enjoy doing this and want to continue to do it every year. It's great to be a part of something bigger than me. It's inspiring to be surounded by so many people who are survivors or are walking in rememberance or in honor of someone they know who has suffered from breast cancer. I have mentioned before that my grandma is a 2 time survivor. She is such a fighter and I admire her strength so much! My work in the past has walked for someone and this year it was in honor of my grandma. I was so excited and we called it 'Doing the Walk for Dot'. Unfortunatly not many of my co-workers were able to make it this year, but half my family and bff Melissa were able to make it. It was a great start to my day! Don't forget to get your mammo's and as someone's shirt said, 'Feel up your wife - save a life'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
you're both adorable walkers! love the last quote hehe!
You didn't just post that picture of me on your public blog.
EW!
Thanks for having me :)
Hahahaha, that's great!
You and Melissa look like you could be sisters! So glad you did the walk...I would have too, if I hadn't bummed up my knee. Such a meaningful cause! Love to you all!
Post a Comment