Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Why Not???

For the past couple of years I try not to set myself up for failure. Instead of setting New Year's resolutions I set goals for myself throughout the year. That way I don't feel so bad when a month later I've failed at all of them. OK, OK, a week later. This year I'm dedicating as my year of Why Not's. Why not try all of those things that you've always wanted to do, but haven't gotten to yet or need to get out of your comfort zone to do. I've started on my list. Now, where to start...

* Travel somewhere new

* Have another girls weekend. It's amazing what a day or two away can do for your sanity and your soul! Only 2 months ago I had my first girls weekend away and LOVED it! It reconnects you with who you are aside from being a mother and a wife. Besides, absence does make the heart grow fonder.

* Do an anonymous act of kindness. Yes it's nice to be recognized for our good deeds, but it's even more fun to do something and not tell ~ like it's your own little secret.

* Take a class for something you've never tried before. Art, photography, cooking, anything! You just might like it.

These are just a few on my list. So far I have about 25 things and will continue to add to it. I don't know if I'll get everything checked off my list, but I will have fun trying!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! I'm trying to make my resolutions, easy one's this year.

Barbara said...

What great ideas! Think I'll try a few! Hugs!

melissa said...

Just last night I was thinking "I wish I could take a photography class." The only problem is, I want one just specific to my camera!

tonight it was "why not eat three times what I should for dinner?!"

Anonymous said...

I love your New Years "Why Nots"!! You are so cute and I know that you can accomplish these why nots!! I want to be a part of that girls trip one though FYI!! Love you Leesh!!

Modern Family said...

What a great idea! I rarely venture out of my comfort zone & I know it's good for me. My life is basically an UNcomfortable zone these days, so I hope that I too can do things I never thought I would. I hope you do everything & anything you want to also!