Monday, December 14, 2009

BELIEVE


Tonight Bill and I surprised the kids by taking them on the Heber Creeper Polar Express. Tristan loves trains so we thought this would be right up his ally. Stella has had so many fun things going on this month between her dance recital, Princess on Ice, girls-night-out and such, that we thought it would be fun to do something special Tristan would particularly enjoy. When we pulled up to the train station they both had such a look of excitement!

As soon as we left the train station Ms. Clause came on our train and served her own recipe of chocolate chip cookies and hot cocoa. I even got the recipe from her! Afterwards we read The Polar Express story. Once we reached the North Pole Santa came on board. We were the last part of the train to meet him so we didn't get to see him until after we finished singing Christmas songs. Stella volunteered us to be part of the 12 Days of Christmas group.

Tristan was a little nervous at first when he saw Santa, but after I explained that he didn't have to sit on his lap he was OK. All the kids on board received the first gift of Christmas ~ a bell. The kids were so happy afterwards and had such a good time on the train. It was very worth the trip! We definitely believe in the spirit of Christmas!

7 comments:

melissa said...

ahhh..complete with the music and all. looks like a great time on the train. did you say recipe?!

Modern Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun; I bet Tristan was in heaven! I'll have to actually watch that movie someday.

Amberly said...

Your pictures are so cute! That sounds like something my boys would love!! Davin is already asking if Santa is real...

Barbara said...

What a fun adventure! Sounds like it was a big hit! See you soon!!!

Dellany Higby said...

Your kiddos both look SO grown up in this little slide show I am just dying right now. Looks like so much fun! Love you guys! see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pics Leesh!! It looks like such a good time!! :) You and Bill are such fun and GREAT parents!! Can't wait to see you in a couple of days!! Love you!!

Greg and Heather said...

what great parents! i wanted so badly to take the boys to see the lights at temple square this year, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.