December 1st was mine and Bill's nine year anniversary! He surprised me by sending me flowers (not from Walmart for once thank you very much) and it totally made my day! We didn't really celebrate our anniversary until this past weekend. My parents came and spent the night at our house on Friday while we stayed at the Homestead up in Heber. That was our first time staying there. I can't say that a stuffed animal on the bed screams romance, but it was a nice room. Friday night we went out to dinner at the restaurant located at the Homestead then hung out in the hot tub for a while. Then on Saturday we checked out and went to see the new James Bond movie. I've decided we need to change our anniversary to the summer time when we won't get caught in a snow storm for once! Whose idea was it to get married in December anyways? Oh yeah, mine. Anyways, the kids had fun with their grandparents and we were happy to see them when we got home. It's funny, I use to dread coming home and getting back to everyday stuff, but now I have two happy faces to greet me when we get home. Three if you count Duke. He was the most excited to see us! I love it! Of course it would have been nice to have another day or two away. We've had a wonderful year together and I can't believe it's been nine years since we got married! It really does go faster than you'd think. I can't believe Stella is 4 1/2 years old and that Tristan will be 2 in two months! We've gone through many challenges and many wonderful times together in the past nine years and I have to say there is nobody else I would rather go through this life with! He is my best friend even when he drives me nuts sometimes! And vice versa I would hope! Happy Anniversary to us!!!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
From Here To Eternity
December 1st was mine and Bill's nine year anniversary! He surprised me by sending me flowers (not from Walmart for once thank you very much) and it totally made my day! We didn't really celebrate our anniversary until this past weekend. My parents came and spent the night at our house on Friday while we stayed at the Homestead up in Heber. That was our first time staying there. I can't say that a stuffed animal on the bed screams romance, but it was a nice room. Friday night we went out to dinner at the restaurant located at the Homestead then hung out in the hot tub for a while. Then on Saturday we checked out and went to see the new James Bond movie. I've decided we need to change our anniversary to the summer time when we won't get caught in a snow storm for once! Whose idea was it to get married in December anyways? Oh yeah, mine. Anyways, the kids had fun with their grandparents and we were happy to see them when we got home. It's funny, I use to dread coming home and getting back to everyday stuff, but now I have two happy faces to greet me when we get home. Three if you count Duke. He was the most excited to see us! I love it! Of course it would have been nice to have another day or two away. We've had a wonderful year together and I can't believe it's been nine years since we got married! It really does go faster than you'd think. I can't believe Stella is 4 1/2 years old and that Tristan will be 2 in two months! We've gone through many challenges and many wonderful times together in the past nine years and I have to say there is nobody else I would rather go through this life with! He is my best friend even when he drives me nuts sometimes! And vice versa I would hope! Happy Anniversary to us!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy anniversary! Congrats on 9 years, you guys have been through a lot together but boy am I glad you stuck it out!!!!!!! I've been counting down the hours today until I get to see your cute faces anyway, YAY! Love you!
Wahoo! I laughed right out loud about the stuffed animal on the bed. Congrats on 9 years & many more to come!
Congrats! I sure could use a getaway...maybe we should change ours from summer to December so I can get one.
Sounds like a great time...even with the stuffed animal.
Post a Comment